Thursday, November 06, 2008

Sea Shepherds TV

Paul Watson is a maverick environmental activist. I watched in the film Sharkwater his Sea Shepherds organization attempt to stop high-seas criminals killing sharks for fins. His techniques involve ramming offending boats and violent and non-violent action to stop those who are decimating our seas through irresponsible practices. Fredericton blogger Spinks ranked Watson as number 28 on his list of 101 People Screwing Up Canada, calling him an eco-terrorist.


I've recently seen previews for Animal Planet show Whale Wars on which the Sea Shepherds hoist their Jolly Roger and try to stop the whaling that is depleting the numbers of these large sea animals.




I expect the show to be exciting drama, but full of heart breaking imagery of dieing animals. I hope to watch this show if ever its replaying on channels in my cable package.

No comments: