Thursday, January 15, 2009

Great Pizza Dough Recipe

I made a great pizza dough last night. The only alteration to the recipe from RecipePizza.com I made is that I added some tomato juice from a can of whole tomatoes in place of some of the water.


The homemade dough was topped with a similar sauce I made with a 16 ounce can of whole tomatoes that I blended with a clove of garlic, salt and pepper.
On top of the dough and sauce (there was sauce left over), I put some chopped canned artichokes, some diced red onion, a fist full of baby spinach, 4 thin slices of prosciutto, six slices of hot salami, a cup or so of grated farmer's cheese, some pan-fried chicken breast and a little more cheese.
I was pleased with the result and will be cooking my pizza HOT from now on - I was impressed with the golden crust that resulted from the 450 F baking temperature.

No comments: